eXTReMe Tracker

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Episode II

I guess I should say at this point that when I say I approve of a change, it's with an implied 'if they do it right.' With that in mind, let's continue.

Episode II: Attack of the Clones
01. The Senate cut scene has been added to the beginning of the movie.

[I wasn't quite sure what this was referring to, so I went to the DVD and watched the deleted scenes. Padme gives a speech about her being attacked and tries to use it as an example of what happens when they use violence against the Seperatists--they get violence in return (remember she's been the leader of the anti-war, anti-army movement). It's a decent speech, but it was cut because it slowed down the beginning of the movie, and I don't think we need it.]


02. The cut scene in which Padme witnesses Anakin having a nightmare about his mother aboard the refugee cruiser has been added.

[This one isn't in the deleted scenes, so I can't really say one way or the other. I'm not seeing any reason to add it, though.]


03. The complete conversation between Anakin and Padme while on route to the Naboo palace has been restored.

[Another deleted scene. We get some history of Padme's political service and such--interesting, but not necessary. It was a good cut; I say leave it out.]


04. The cut scenes featuring Padme's parents has been added.

[Another deleted scene. This one I think they should put back in. She brings him home in sort of a meet-my-boyfriend kind of way, while denying the whole time that he is her boyfriend. It's a fun scene, and it shows their relationship developing instead of them just suddenly being in love.]


05. Additional cut footage has been restored to the love pledge scene between Anakin and Padme. They kiss more and Anakin makes his own pledge.

[Don't know about this one. In general, though, cuts were made for a reason...]


06. More cut footage of the duel has been restored.

[If it's the part where Yoda fights, yes! If not, leave it out.]


07. Jar Jar Binks has been added to the group of leaders witnessing the stormtroopers leaving for battle on Coruscant. Jar Jar has a sad look on his face after realizing the ramifications of his actions.

[More Jar Jar is bad. Unless, of course, they do as I've suggested and change his voice. But if he says nothing at all it'll be alright. And it'd be good for him to know what he's done and feel bad about it. I could go either way on this change, though.]


08. The necklace that Anakin made for Padme in The Phantom Menace has been added to Padme's neck during the wedding scene.

[Interesting thing about that: I'd completely forgotten about that thing until we watched I and II before going to see III last night, but when I saw it this time, I knew it'd show up in III, which it did. Since it seems to be important to the two of them, it makes sense for her to wear it here. And I can't see any disadvantages, so go for it.]


So that's I and II. I'll keep an eye out for III in the coming months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home