eXTReMe Tracker

Thursday, May 19, 2005

The Archival Edition

With the Star Wars saga finally complete, now Lucas can release all six movies in one collection. It's being called the Archival Edition, and it's due out sometime in 2007. The big deal (besides just the general coolness of it) is that he's making some more changes to all of the movies, similar to what we saw with the Special Editions in '97 and the DVD release of the original trilogy last year, but probably more extensive. I'm sure a lot of people will be just as (or more) upset about this than they were with the previous changes, but I've decided that I generally approve. Lucas is going for consistency throughout the saga, trying to make the whole thing more coherent. Overall, I think it's a good move--it'll ensure the immortality of Star Wars (as always, disagree if you like). What it means, though, is that some of our favorite scenes from Episodes IV-VI might look/sound slightly different that what we grew up with. I'm predicting that our generation won't like it (except me) but it'll make a better saga for future generations.
Now, though I generally approve of the plan, we don't know what exactly the plan is. Thetrukstop.com has compiled a list of the changes that are rumored to be planned for the movies (though there's no word on Episode III yet). Keep in mind that these are RUMORS at this point. Some of them come from credible sources (Rick McCallum, for instance) but some of them are likely just made up fanboy crap. Either way, I have /decreed that I shall go through them all and tell you what I think, with the hopes that you'll comment and tell me what you think. Let us begin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home